Wednesday, April 22, 2015

{Southern Girls DT} Card - here's a sign... that I love you!

Hi crafters!

When I was still at school, on a whim I did a sign language course - I don't remember a lot of it (a little like those 7 years of Japanese I did! All gone!) but I do remember a few key phrases, and I can still rock parts of "My Heart Will Go On" (Celine Dion) with my hands... which was the #1 song at the time (yes, it was THAT long ago).  Maybe it was a sign (excuse the pun) of things to come, when I would have my own deaf child.  We don't use sign language - we've focused on speech and listening with hearing aids and Cochlear Implants - but it has been so helpful to know a few for those times when the background noise is just so overwhelming and The Boy just can't hear anything.  A few key ones for us have been "OK?", "toilet", "I love you", "look", "show me", "thank you" and "can you see?" - especially useful when there are tall people in front of us at a show, church or display.

So when I saw that Kraftin' Kimmie had Tara - who signs - I just had to have her.  Isn't she divine? She was a lot of fun to colour too, I'll have to revisit her dress when I come to the clothing class over at Kit and Clowder! 


Card recipe:
Cardstock: white, purple
Paper: Kaszazz
Stamp: Tara (including sentiment) (Kraftin' Kimmie)
Colouring medium: copics
Other: hexagon embossing folder, gold heart brads, purple pearl paint

Challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie: sketch (April) + twine (#276)
 





3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Lauren!!! Great use of twine and FAB job with the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with the Krafty Girls :) Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card. Love the image and your fabby card design. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, good luck for this next week hun, will be thinking of you. Love that this stamp was 'signing'. Hugs to you and your wee man as you head off xxxx

    ReplyDelete