Saturday, May 17, 2014

Card - happy birthday wishes

Hi! I hope you are having a relaxing Saturday!  We are! I'm (finally) crafting, hubby is catching up on some tv shows he missed during the week and The Boy is playing lego - I just LOVE lazy weekends!! We certainly haven't had many lately!

I know I haven't shared anything lately, I have been doing lots of colouring, but nothing has actually been turned into a card for a few weeks now... Even after the goodies I ordered for my birthday I still couldn't find my mojo <cue very sad face here>.  I think it is partly to do with being sick this week, away for work part of last week, and running the office singlehandedly this month while my boss is on annual leave... I'm just worn out and when I get home I just kind of flop.  Sometimes I share my colouring on Instagram - feel free to check it out or follow me there.

So here's a card I whipped up this morning to share with you.  I decided I've had enough of being unmotivated, and I'm going to MAKE things today! Yay!  When I saw that Mo's DP2 Challenge blog was having a 'whimsical character' challenge, I knew my brand new fairies were perfect.  And I challenged myself to use green - basically because the owner of a local craft store informed me that the reason she didn't have many green copics was that it wasn't a colour people used except for flowers really... Do you agree? Do you use green a lot? I haven't got a great range (yet!), but I do love admiring the gorgeous green gowns and hair and fins and sea creatures that are being coloured all over the net!


 

Card recipe:
Cardstock/paper: Xpress-it blending card, Kaisercraft, Stampin' Up!
Stamp sets: Mo's Fairy Sweet (Penny Black), Petite Pairs (SU!), Gorgeous Grunge (SU!)
Colouring medium: copics
Ink: Pistachio Pudding (SU!), Memento Tuxedo Black, glue ink
Other: oval punch, border die, ric-rac, green sticky pearls, winter frost glitter, ice stickles

Challenges:
Mo's DP2 Challenge: whimsical characters
This card was also used as an example of my work over on the guest DT post on the Kit and Clowder forum.

Thanks for visiting, I think a scrap page is in order next!! But lunch first!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should use green more often...This is Gorgeous!!!! beautifully coloured and cut.
    Thanks for joining us at Mo's again.
    Enjoy your weekend xxxxxxx
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh ohhhhh...I love this card! Especially love the CAS design...and the way her little wing extends beyond the card border! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love how you did the top and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete